Green tea may an integrated form of treatment for patient with Alzheimer's disease through many mechanisms, a recent study proposed.
Green tea, considered as a functional food, linking numbers of health benefit has been reported by several renowned research and studies. However, as yin in nature herbal medicine ,or food, long term injection of large amounts may obstruct the balance of yin-yang, induced "yin excessive syndrome" or "yang vacuity syndrome" including weaken immunity and painful case of GERD,... according to traditional Chinese medicine's Yin-Yang theory. But a slice of ginger in the drink will neutralize the yin over expression in green tea.
Alzheimer's disease is a neuro-degenerative condition of loss or decrease of cognitive and memory functions due to aging.
According to the Maternal and Infant Health, ASL NA 3 SUD, epigallocatechin and gallic acid, (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG), found in green tea exerted a strong anti-inflammatory and anti oxidative properties in protection against neuronal damage and brain edema.
The study also stated that green tea may also contribute to reduced risk and treatment of AD by ameliorated chronic viral infection, one of the cause in responsible for AD's neuropathology.
Dr. Mandel SA. the lead author and expert in green tea study said, "tea drinking may decrease the incidence of dementia, AD, and PD. In particular, its main catechin polyphenol constituent (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) has been shown to exert neuroprotective/neurorescue activities in a wide array of cellular and animal models of neurological disorders".
Other researchers suggested that the efficacy of epigallocatechin and gallic acid, (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG) in reduced risk of AD may be attributed to
1. The antioxidant activity in ameliorate production of ROS in induced risk of oxidative stress which has been found to associate to production of lipid peroxidation, leading to abnormal deposition of amyloid β (Aβ) peptide
2. Free radical over expression in aging people also vulnerable to imbalance of antioxidant and ROS
may have a negatively direct interaction with proteins, nucleic acids, and other molecules and may also alter their structures and functions in inducing risk AD.
Indeed, as a single ingredient isolated from green tea, epigallocatechin and gallic acid, (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG) have been found to cause toxicity in some cases in medical literature. Therefore taking the ingredient in long term and overdoses may have a implication of liver damage.
In a animal study to evaluate the efficacy of Caffeic acid in AD, mice rats randomly divided into three groups: i) control group, ii) AD model group and iii) caffeic acid group, mice fed with the phytochemical expressed a significant in increased learning deficit and cognitive function demonstrated by the Morris water maze task in compared control.
Additionally, fed mice also displayed of attenuated oxidative stress, inflammation, nuclear factor‑κB‑p65 protein expression involved inflammatory cytokins production and suppressed caspase‑3 activity induced cell death and other mechanisms in the rats with AD.
Interestingly, inflammatory process has shown to have an negative role in increased risk of AD, by causing neuroinflammation, including brain cells such as microglia and astrocytes and subsequently in promoted dysfunction and neuronal death. Therefore by suppressing production of inflammatory cytokins, caffeic acid expressed a significant reduction of AD risk.
The efficacy in contribution of cognitive improvement following caffeic acid application may be due to its antioxidant activity and restoration of cholinergic functions, as deficiency of cholinergic function has shown to effect cognition, behavior and activities of daily living
Taking altogether, there is no doubt that green process a neuro protective against the risk and progression of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) attributed to some of the major chemical constituents. But intake of single ingredient isolated from green tea should be taken with care.
Arthritis Is Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Kyle J. Norton, Master of Nutrients
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Sources(1) The efficacy of Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (green tea) in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease: an overview of pre-clinical studies and translational perspectives in clinical practice by Cascella M#1, Bimonte S#1, Muzio MR2, Schiavone V3, Cuomo A1.(PubMed)
(2) Simultaneous manipulation of multiple brain targets by green tea catechins: a potential neuroprotective strategy for Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases by Mandel SA1, Amit T, Weinreb O, Reznichenko L, Youdim MB.(PubMed)
(3) Effects of caffeic acid on learning deficits in a model of Alzheimer's disease by Wang Y1, Wang Y2, Li J1, Hua L3, Han B1, Zhang Y1, Yang X3, Zeng Z3, Bai H3, Yin H1, Lou J3.(PubMed)
(4) Caffeic acid attenuates oxidative stress, learning and memory deficit in intra-cerebroventricular streptozotocin induced experimental dementia in rats by Deshmukh R1, Kaundal M2, Bansal V2, Samardeep2(PubMed).
- Phytochemicals Therapy
- Regular Walking of 50+ to the World of Diseases Free and Longevity(Research and Studies)
- Men Health
- Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Super Foods
- Healthy Foods Therapy
- The Series of Overcome Infertility Articles
- Health Articles Quoted From Experts' Medical Literature
- Children Health
- Researched and Studied Articles
- 50 Plus Health; Most Common Diseases
- The Smoothie Recipes for Prevention and Treatment of Diseases and Cancers of Age of 50 Plus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Clinical trials and Studies for 50 plus Health
- Obesity's complications, Research and Studies, Articles and Weight Loss Recipes
- Dietary Minerals and Hormones
- Green Tea