Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for people with high risk weight gain and over weight
Yield: 2 serving (about 8 ounce each)
1 1/4 cups blueberry
1/4 cup acocado
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams of green tea, a slice of ginger and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and let cool to room temperature)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed. Add more green tea drink if needed
3. Serve immediately
31% of American adult are obese. According to the recent statistic, 71% of American are over weight of that have been found to induced chronic illness, including diabetes, heart diseases, .......The prevalence of over weight and obesity may be resulted of typical American diet with high in saturated and trans fat and less consumption of fruits and vegetable.
Recent study suggested that drinking smoothies with ingredients of green tea(1), avocado(5) and blueberry(7) may induce weight loss in overweight and obese people.
Epidemiological studies, linking green tea for reduced risk and treatment of overweight and obesity have drawn on hugh interest in scientific community, probably due to its catechins or an epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-caffeine mixture effects on weight loss and weight loss maintaining in either over weight and obese person(1).
According to the Maastricht University, intake of high and low caffeine green tea supplementation was associated with weight loss through thermogenesis and fat oxidation and with suppressed leptin in over weight and obese women(2).
Avocados are a commercially valuable fruit and are cultivated in tropical climates throughout the world, it is a green-skinned, pear-shaped fruit that ripens after harvesting and native to the Caribbean, Mexico, South America and Central America, belonging to the flowering plant family Lauraceae.
In support of the above claim, Dr. Chen IJ and colleagues at the joint study lead by Taiwan International Traditional Chinese Medicine Training Center, said," 12 weeks of treatment with high-dose green tea extract resulted in significant weight loss, reduced waist circumference" and " The antiobestic mechanism of high-dose green tea extract might be associated in part with ghrelin secretion inhibition, leading to increased adiponectin levels"(3).
In fact, green tea has been used in native and traditional herbal history for treatment of obesity, but it is necessary to study more to determine the effectiveness and safety of medicinal plants and herbal extracts as well as pharmaceutically active ingredients, the joint study lead by the Urmia University of Medical Sciences concluded(4).
In a Sixty-one free-living volunteers (13 men and 48 women), with body mass index of 32 +/- 3.9 kg/m(2) (mean +/- standard deviation) participated in this randomized, controlled, parallel study, avocado intake decreased significantly body mass, body mass index, and percentage of body fat, without effectingserum lipid concentrations, plasma fibrinogen, arterial compliance, and systolic and diastolic blood pressures(5).Dr Walker KZ and Dr. O'Dea K. said," Using a 'modified fat' (MF) diet enriched with monounsaturated fat (MUFA), body weight may be lost either by calorie counting, or by allowing ad libitum food intake with careful food selection"(6)
In support of avocado used for decrease weight in overweight and obese subjects, the Bharathi Women's College, Broadway study showed that avocado fruit extract has profound influence on leptin activity, which controls satiety and hunger to regulate the food intake, via its modulating effect on endogenous fat synthesis and adiponectin formation through the transcription factor FGF21(7).
Blueberry, a flower plant, belong to the family Eriaceae and native to Northern America may be the potential fruits used for reduced weight in over weight and obese person(8). As the Blueberry Leaf Extract (BBLE) significantly suppressed the over weight gain, decreased the TG level in the liver and inhibited leptin secretion and also improved insulin resistance in the HFD-fed C57BL/6 mice(8).The Gyeongsang National University study also found that blueberry peel extracts (BPE) exhibited anti-obesity effect and mechanism through inhibiting adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells in synthesis and accumulation of triglycerides (9).
Dr. Wu T and the research team lead by the Zhejiang University, said," blueberry and mulberry juice may help counteract obesity" in the study of 4week-old C57BL/6 mice were fed a high-fat diet (HFD) with or without blueberry and mulberry juice for 12 weeks(10).
Taking all together, smoothie of green tea, avocado and blueberry may be a potent drink for reduced weight and treatment of overweight and obese subjects
People who are at increased risk of overweight due to family history, gene mutation, .....should drink at least one serving daily and overweight and obese people should drink the smoothie as much as they can depending to digestive toleration.
Change life style and diet pattern are also recommended.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis by Hursel R1, Viechtbauer W, Westerterp-Plantenga MS.(PubMed)
(2) Body weight loss and weight maintenance in relation to habitual caffeine intake and green tea supplementation by Westerterp-Plantenga MS1, Lejeune MP, Kovacs EM.(PubMed)
(3) Therapeutic effect of high-dose green tea extract on weight reduction: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial by Chen IJ1, Liu CY1, Chiu JP1, Hsu CH2.(PubMed)
(4) Obesity Phytotherapy: Review of Native Herbs Used in Traditional Medicine for Obesity by Bahmani M1, Eftekhari Z2, Saki K3, Fazeli-Moghadam E4, Jelodari M5, Rafieian-Kopaei M6.(PubMed)
(5) Substitution of high monounsaturated fatty acid avocado for mixed dietary fats during an energy-restricted diet: effects on weight loss, serum lipids, fibrinogen, and vascular function by Pieterse Z1, Jerling JC, Oosthuizen W, Kruger HS, Hanekom SM, Smuts CM, Schutte AE.(PubMed)
(6) Is a low fat diet the optimal way to cut energy intake over the long-term in overweight people? by Walker KZ1, O'Dea K.(PubMed)
(7) The modulating effect of Persea americana fruit extract on the level of expression of fatty acid synthase complex, lipoprotein lipase, fibroblast growth factor-21 and leptin--A biochemical study in rats subjected to experimental hyperlipidemia and obesity by Monika P1, Geetha A2.(PubMed)
(8) Antioxidative Activity of Blueberry Leaf Extract Prevents High-fat Diet-induced Obesity in C57BL/6 Mice by Lee IC1, Kim DY2, Choi BY2.(PubMed)
(9) Blueberry peel extracts inhibit adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells and reduce high-fat diet-induced obesity by Song Y1, Park HJ, Kang SN, Jang SH, Lee SJ, Ko YG, Kim GS, Cho JH.(PubMed)
(10) Blueberry and mulberry juice prevent obesity development in C57BL/6 mice by Wu T1, Tang Q, Gao Z, Yu Z, Song H, Zheng X, Chen W.(PubMed)