Kyle J. Norton (Scholar)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are medical condition mostly caused by work related occupations and working environment, affecting patients’ muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves and developing over time. A community sample of 73 females and 32 males aged 85 and over underwent a standardised examination at home. Musculoskeletal pain was reported by 57% of those interviewed. A major restriction of joint movement range was frequent in the shoulder but uncommon in other joints(1).
Types of Musculo-Skeletal disorders in elder(2)
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis
4. Polymalagia Arthritis
5. Cervical myleopathy and spinal canal stenosis
7. Low back pain
Osteoarthritis (OA), a form of arthritis, is defined as a condition of as a result of aging causes of wear and tear on a joint, affecting over 25 million people in the United States in alone. University of Porto Medical School indicated that one must understand the differences in prevalence and incidence estimates of osteoarthritis (OA), according to case definition, in knee, hip and hand joints(3).
The characteristics of osteoarthritis are aching pain(5), stiffness(6), or difficulty of moving the joint or joints(7). The pain usually gets worse in change of weather, at night and in the advanced diseases, the pain can occur even at rest(8). Today management of osteoarthritis (OA) focuses on pain relief and improved physical function through pharmacological, non pharmacological, and surgical treatments(4).
B. In herbal and traditional Chinese medicine perspective
B.5.. Topical Remedies
1. Topical Ginger
Ginger, one of the herbal medicine used as cooking spice and best known for its treatment in warming the stomach, use as topical remedy, it has been found to consist the potential for treatment of osteoarthritis, according to Dr. Therkleson T., in the study of 20 adults with moderate to severe osteoarthritis(414). On a self-report arthritis Health Assessment Questionnaire, topical ginger showed to relief osteoarthritic symptoms, in both body physiological recordings and pain scale(415).
The Edith Cowan University, in the study of a self-treatment using the ginger patch for a further 24 week, showed that ginger treatment relieve symptoms, improve the overall health, and increase independence of people with chronic osteoarthritis(416).
2. Capsaicin cream
Topical Capsaicin cream used for treatment of soft tissue with a pharmaceutical name of Finalgon®(420), may be effective for treatment of osteoarthritis in dependent to its concentration.
In a randomized, single-blind, 28-day study conducted by Research Testing Laboratories, capsaicin cream (0.25%) applied twice daily, showed to relieve severity of osteoartghritic pain with side effect of burning sensation(419).
Civamide cream produced by Winston Pharmaceuticals, approved by FDA, civamide cream is a cis-isomer of capsaicin topical medication used for treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and other neuropathic pain(417). In the study by Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, in patients with OA of the knee, civamide cream 0.075% or a lower dose of civamide cream, 0.01% effectively in relieve pain and improve physical functions(418).
Arthritis Is Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer recommended by Kyle J. Norton
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Prevalence of rheumatic symptoms, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and gout in Shanghai, China: a COPCORD study by Dai SM1, Han XH, Zhao DB, Shi YQ, Liu Y, Meng JM.(PubMed)
(2) Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Elderly by Ramon Gheno, Juan M. Cepparo, Cristina E. Rosca,1 and Anne Cotten(PMC)
(3) The effect of osteoarthritis definition on prevalence and incidence estimates: a systematic review by Pereira D1, Peleteiro B, Araújo J, Branco J, Santos RA, Ramos E.(PubMed)
(4) Effect of therapeutic aquatic exercise on symptoms and function associated with lower limb osteoarthritis: systematic review with meta-analysis by Waller B1, Ogonowska-Slodownik A2, Vitor M3, Lambeck J4, Daly D5, Kujala UM6, Heinonen A7.(PubMed)
(5) Effects of therapeutic ultrasound on pain, physical functions and safety outcomes in patients with kneeosteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis by Zhang C1, Xie Y2, Luo X3, Ji Q3, Lu C3, He C4, Wang P3.(PubMed)
(6) Oral intake of purple passion fruit peel extract reduces pain and stiffness and improves physical function in adult patients with knee osteoarthritis by Farid R1, Rezaieyazdi Z, Mirfeizi Z, Hatef MR, Mirheidari M, Mansouri H, Esmaelli H, Bentley G, Lu Y, Foo Y, Watson RR.(PubMed)
(7) Functional ability, mobility, and pain before and after knee replacement in patients aged 75 and older: a cross-sectional study by Limnell K1, Jämsen E, Huhtala H, Jäntti P, Puolakka T, Jylhä M.(PubMed)
(8) The symptoms of OA and the genesis of pain by David J. Hunter, MBBS PhD,1,2 Jason J. McDougall, BSc PhD,3 and Francis J. Keefe4(PubMed)
(316) The use of calcium and vitamin D in the management of osteoporosis by John A Sunyecz(PubMed)
(414) Topical Ginger Treatment With a Compress or Patch for Osteoarthritis Symptoms. by Therkleson T1.(PubMed)
(415) Ginger Therapy for Osteoarthritis: A Typical Case by Therkleson T1.(PubMed)
(416) Topical Ginger Treatment With a Compress or Patch for Osteoarthritis Symptoms by Therkleson T1(PubMed)
(418) Civamide cream 0.075% in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a 12-week randomized controlled clinical trial with a longterm extension by Schnitzer TJ1, Pelletier JP, Haselwood DM, Ellison WT, Ervin JE, Gordon RD, Lisse JR, Archambault WT, Sampson AR, Fezatte HB, Phillips SB, Bernstein JE.(PubMed)
- Regular Walking of 50+ to the World of Diseases Free and Longevity(Research and Studies)
- Men Health
- Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Super Foods
- Healthy Foods Therapy
- Phytochemicals Therapy
- The Series of Overcome Infertility Articles
- Children Health
- Researched and Studied Articles
- 50 Plus Health; Most Common Diseases
- The Smoothie Recipes for Prevention and Treatment of Diseases and Cancers of Age of 50 Plus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Clinical trials and Studies for 50 plus Health
- Obesity's complications, Research and Studies, Articles and Weight Loss Recipes
- Dietary Minerals and Hormones