Kyle J. Norton(Scholar and Master of Nutrients, all right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Cramp Bark is an ornamental plant, genus Viburnum, belonging to the familyAdoxaceae, native to Europe and Asia. It has been used in traditional and herbal medicine as anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, nervine. hypotensive agent and to treat menstrual cramps and pain, afterbirth, postpartum pains, excessive blood loss in periods, bleeding associated with the menopause, etc.
1. Anti-acetylcholinesterase and antioxidant effects
In the investigation of evaluate acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitory and antioxidant activities of the ethyl acetate, methanol, and water extracts prepared from the branches, leaves, and fruits of Viburnum opulus and Viburnum lantana along with salicin, amentoflavone, and chlorogenic acid, found thatthe leaf methanol extract of V. opulus displayed a significantly high inhibitory effect against AChE (57.63 ± 1.23%, 87.41 ± 0.99%, and 93.19 ± 0.87% at 50, 100, and 200 μg/mL, respectively), according to the study of "Anti-acetylcholinesterase and antioxidant assets of the major components (salicin, amentoflavone, and chlorogenic acid) and the extracts of Viburnum opulus and Viburnumlantana and their total phenol and flavonoid contents" by Erdogan-Orhan I, Altun ML, Sever-Yilmaz B, Saltan G.(1)
2. Gastroduodenoprotective effects
In the demonstration of the proanthocyanidins (PA), the polymers of flavan-3-ols and it effects gastroduodenoprotective effects found that Viburnum opulus PA (VOPA, Caprifoliaceae) exerts a potent gastroduodenoprotective activity via an increase in endogenous NO generation, suppression of lipid peroxidation and mobilization of antioxidant activity and changes in glycoconjugate content of the gastroduodenal mucosa of rat, according to "Influence of Viburnum opulusproanthocyanidins on stress-induced gastrointestinal mucosal damage" byZayachkivska OS, Gzhegotsky MR, Terletska OI, Lutsyk DA, Yaschenko AM, Dzhura OR.(2)
3. Menstrual crampsAlthough there is No scientific studies have been done on whether these herbs can reduce menstrual pain, as it has been used in herbal medicine, some researchers think these herbs may have estrogen-like effects, according to the article of suggested The University of Maryland Medical Center recommends two tsps. of cramp bark, steeped in one cup of boiling-hot water, three times a day(3).
4. Excessive bleeding
Cramp bark quiets uterine cramping, and the high tannin content slows heavy bleeding, making this vibrurnums excellent choices, according to the article of " Way to stop menstrual bleeding"(4)
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including Obesity
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
1. Overdoses may cause allergic effect such as nausea, skin rash, etc.
2. Do not use the herb in children
3. Do not use the herb, if you are pregnant or breast feeding without permission of related filed specialist
- Regular Walking of 50+ to the World of Diseases Free and Longevity(Research and Studies)
- Men Health
- Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Super Foods
- Healthy Foods Therapy
- Phytochemicals Therapy
- The Series of Overcome Infertility Articles
- Children Health
- Researched and Studied Articles
- 50 Plus Health; Most Common Diseases
- The Smoothie Recipes for Prevention and Treatment of Diseases and Cancers of Age of 50 Plus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Clinical trials and Studies for 50 plus Health
- Obesity's complications, Research and Studies, Articles and Weight Loss Recipes
- Dietary Minerals and Hormones