Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Diabetes is defined as a condition caused by insufficient insulin entering the bloodstream to regulate the glucose. It is either caused by cells in pancreas dying off or receptor sites clogged up by fat and cholesterol.
C. In traditional Chinese medicine perspective
In traditional Chinese medicine, Diabetes mellitus is defined as a condition of the depletion-thirst disease, characterized by polydipsia, polyphagia, polyuria, and emaciation as a result of
1. Overeating causes of damage of spleen and stomach
2. Emotion effects anxiety, anger, mental depression, etc. such as causes of the liver qi stagnation
3. Intemperance in sexual life or congenital essence defect causes of the kidney qi deficiency.
In differentiation, diabetes is classified into 3 types
1. Upper-warmer depletion-thirst diseases
As a result of excessive heat of the lungs that deplete the lung’s yin with symptoms of thick nasal discharge, severe thirst accompanied by dryness of the mouth and tongue, reddened tip and margin of the tongue with thin, yellow coating, full and rapid pulse.
2. Middle-warmer depletion-thirst disease
As a result of excessive heat in the stomach deplete stomach yin with symptoms ofconstant hunger (Polyphagia), emaciation, painful, swollen, and/or bleeding gums, regurgitation, and/or vomiting after eating, burning sensation in the epigastrium,constipation, reddened tongue with dry, yellow coating, and slippery and strong pulse.
3. Lower-warmer depletion-thirst disease
As a result of excessive heat of the kidney consumes the kidney yin or yin & yang with symptoms of dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, poor memory, deafness, night sweating, sore back, ache in bone, turbid urine, dry mouth, reddened tongue with little coating, and weak and rapid pulse.
C.3. TCM formulas in treating diabetes
According to the article of TREATMENT OF DIABETES WITH CHINESE HERBSby Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon. The below formulas are recommended for diabetics depending to the differentiation(105).
1. Reducing Sugar Tablet A (Jiang Tang Jia Pian)
The formula includes the following herbs
astragalus, polygonatum, trichosanthes root, pseudostellaria, and rehmannia, and was recommended for people with low levels of insulin, but are still capable of producing insulin.
The herbs were administered as extracts in tablet form, with 2.3 grams raw material per tablet, 6 tablets each time, three times daily, for a total dose of over 40 grams per day (raw materials equivalent). The effects were said to be enhancing sugar tolerance and elevating the level of serum insulin. In the treatment of 405 cases of diabetes with this preparation at the Guanganmen Hospital, 76.5% of the patients had improved sugar tolerance. Among those patients who most closely fit the therapeutic pattern of the herbs-those with qi and yin deficiency-the effective rate was slightly higher, 81%.
2. Rehmannia Eight Formula was recommended for those patients who produced little or no insulin. This is for patients with advanced disease, representing a deficiency of yin and yang (the cinnamon bark and aconite added to Rehmannia Six Formula to produce Rehmannia Eight Formula are said to restore yang). In laboratory animal studies, use of this formula resulted in reduction of water demand (thirst), blood sugar, and sugar spill into the urine. As a result of positive reports resulting from use of this formula for diabetes in Japan, the current author recommended it for those with early-onset diabetes beginning in 1981, using mainly the patent medicine from China, variously called “Sexoton Pills” or “Golden Book Tea” which is the Rehmannia Eight Formula (Ba Wei Di Huang Wan). When consumed in the amount of 12 pills each time, three times daily, it could help reduce the fluctuations in blood sugar that were experienced by insulin-dependent patients who had difficulties gaining control of blood sugar levels. As a result, there was a slight reduction in total insulin usage, but the main benefit was more reliable effects of insulin.
3. Jade Spring Pill (Yu Quan Wan), a patent formula from China, is recommended for diabetes treatment in the dosage of 50 grams per day (the original form was large honey pills of about 6 grams each), for at least one month. In laboratory animal studies, this formula was shown to increase glycogen in liver cells (the single herb rehmannia also has this effect in laboratory animals). When the current author visited the Sichuan Province United Pharmaceutical Manufactory, a new product was presented: the second generation of “Yuechung Pills” (Jade Spring Pills), comprised of pueraria, trichosanthes root, rehmannia, licorice, schizandra, and other herbs not mentioned on the label. These pills are indicated in the package labeling for the “ill function of the islets of Langerhans.” The relatively small pills are packed into small bottles with a total of 6 grams each, and 20 bottles are packed in one box, accompanied by instructions to take one bottle each time, four times daily (the box is a five day supply at 24 grams/day). Compared to the first generation, it is said on the package insert, the new product had been clinically proved to have an improved rate of cure and that the dose had been reduced. Jade Spring Pill is useful for the early stage of diabetes, when yin deficiency and dryness dominate. In a recent clinical evaluation of a Chinese herb formula for diabetes, Jade Spring Pills, used for the control group, was reported to be effective in reducing blood sugar for 79% of cases treated (33).
If you need more information of above formulas, please visit the link (105).
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including Obesity
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer