Kyle J. Norton (Scholar)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are medical condition mostly caused by work related occupations and working environment, affecting patients’ muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves and developing over time. A community sample of 73 females and 32 males aged 85 and over underwent a standardised examination at home. Musculoskeletal pain was reported by 57% of those interviewed. A major restriction of joint movement range was frequent in the shoulder but uncommon in other joints(1).
Types of Musculo-Skeletal disorders in elder(2)
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis
4. Polymalagia Arthritis
5. Cervical myleopathy and spinal canal stenosis
7. Low back pain
Rheumatoid Arthritis is defined a chronic disorder as a result of inflammation, affecting mostly the flexible (synovial) joints and tissues and organs in the body. The disease affects more women than men and generally occurs after the ages of 40, causing diminished quality of life of many elders(1). According to CDC, Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) affects over 52 millions of adults in the US alone, including 294,000 children under age 18 with some form of arthritis or rheumatic conditions(2). Rheumatoid Arthritis can induced bone loss through elevating bone resorption without increasing bone formation(4). A cross-sectional population-based study of 1042 patients with rheumatoid arthritis showed that RA patients had an increased risk of death from various causes(4a).
B. Treatment in herbal and traditional Chinese medicine
B.7. Other essential alternative medicine treatment
The most oldest form of medical treatment in traditional Chinese medicine has been known for its function in relief pain(383,313) and functional limitation(384,314) for chronic patient, including patient with moderate or severe chronic pain(383,313).
The Cochrane Field of Rehabilitation and Related Therapies and the Cochrane Musculoskeletal Review suggests the effectiveness of acupuncture as a rehabilitation of an adjunct therapy for the symptomatic treatment of rheumatoid arthritis showed to reduce symptomatic knee pain in patients with RA 24 hours and 4 months post treatment(315). According to Dr. Wang C and the research team at the Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, acupuncture showed to decrease pain, significant reduced morning stiffness and inflammatory markers in comparison to controls in patients with rheumatoid arthritis(316).In a total of 80 eligible patients, 36 patients with mean age of 58 study, electroacupuncture (EA) and traditional Chinese acupuncture (TCA) significantly reduced tender joints and improved physician's and patients global score but large scale trial are recommended in orderto clarify the existing evidence base on acupuncture for RA.(317).
In the discuss of the imbalance between T-helper 17 (Th17) cells and regulatory T (Treg) cells induced rheumatoid arthritis, use of electroacupuncture (EA) not only restores the balance of Th17/Treg cell but also expresses its anti-inflammatory effects through educed paw volumes, arthritis scores and inflammation scores(319) in collagen-induced arthritis (autoimmune disease ) rats(320).
In fact, poor quality of studies and conflicting evidence exists in placebo-controlled trials, in some cases are also found to accompany with certain inconsistency of its efficacy(318).
Arthritis Is Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer recommended by Kyle J. Norton
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) 8 Areas of Age-Related Change(NIH)
(2) Arthritis-Related Statistics(CDC)
(3) Valgus deformities of the feet and characteristics of gait in patients who have rheumatoid arthritis by Keenan MA1, Peabody TD, Gronley JK, Perry J.(PubMed)
(4) Serum Sclerostin Level Among Egyptian Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: Relation to Disease Activity ,Bone Mineral Density and Radiological Grading by Mehaney DA, Eissa M, Anwar S, El-Din SF(PubMed)
(4a) Death rates and causes of death in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a population-based study by Sihvonen S1, Korpela M, Laippala P, Mustonen J, Pasternack A(PubMed)
(315) Acupuncture and electroacupuncture for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by Casimiro L1, Barnsley L, Brosseau L, Milne S, Robinson VA, Tugwell P, Wells G.(PubMed)
(316) Acupuncture for pain relief in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review by Wang C1, de Pablo P, Chen X, Schmid C, McAlindon T.(PubMed)
(317)Acupuncture in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a double-blind controlled pilot study.
Tam LS1, Leung PC, Li TK, Zhang L, Li EK.(PubMed)
(318) A pilot study of acupuncture as adjunctive treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by Zanette Sde A1, Born IG, Brenol JC, Xavier RM.(PubMed)
- Regular Walking of 50+ to the World of Diseases Free and Longevity(Research and Studies)
- Men Health
- Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Super Foods
- Healthy Foods Therapy
- Phytochemicals Therapy
- The Series of Overcome Infertility Articles
- Children Health
- Researched and Studied Articles
- 50 Plus Health; Most Common Diseases
- The Smoothie Recipes for Prevention and Treatment of Diseases and Cancers of Age of 50 Plus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Clinical trials and Studies for 50 plus Health
- Obesity's complications, Research and Studies, Articles and Weight Loss Recipes
- Dietary Minerals and Hormones