Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Unfortunately, according to studies, women with PCOs after the reproductive age, are associated to continuously increase risk of type II diabetes, with no increasingaltered glucose tolerance(20), CVD and hypertension(21).
Management and Treatment according to Traditional Chinese Medicine Perspective
While conventional medicine focus of using synthetic medication to induce ovulation and assisted artificial insemination for infertility couple, if the medicine fail, traditional Chinese medicine views polycystic ovarian syndrome in different approaches.
Polycystic ovary syndrome, according to traditional Chinese medicine is a medical condition characterized by accumulative of fluid over a prolonged period of time causes of dampness and phlegms(1247a)(1247b) build up on the ovaries due to the effects of vary differentiations, affecting not only the women’s menstrual cycle, but also ovulation and fertility(1247a)(1247b).
Depending to differentiation, most common diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome can be classified into
Spleen yang deficiency
Spleen yang deficiency is a serve form of spleen qi deficiency, characterized by a condition of inability of spleen in distribution of fluid and nutrient to the body organs, in removal and descend the turbids(2072), causing malfunctions functions of the organs and fluid retention. Prolong period of spleen yang deficiency may induce the development of phlegm, including women with PCOs.
Women with PCOs diagnosed by spleen yang deficiency may also experience yang vacuity impelled cold expression of additional symptoms of abdominal pain(2074), lack of appetite(2076), fatigue(2075), lightheadedness(2075) and headache(2075), weakness of the four limbs(2077), diarrhea(2073)(2076), chilliness(2077), edema(2074), pale, swollen, wet tongue(2076) and weak, slow, deep pulse(2072),....
In the review of the Data base provided by PubMed, spleen qi deficiency may alter certain metabolic pathways, such as the energy, protein, and glycolytic metabolisms(2078), body weight and motor behavior(2079), skeletal muscle function(3080), blood glucose, lipid metabolism and fat-islet axie.(2081),.....
Foods for Spleen yang deficiency
Spleen yang deficiency can be managed and treated in part with a diet of fresh and cooked warming foods.
Pomegranate is a fruit-bearing small tree, genus Punica, belonging to family Lythraceae, native to Iran, cultivated in Asian since ancient time. The peel has been used in traditional Chinese medicine as anti cancer(2192)(2193)(2194), anti microbial(2192)(2195), neuroprotective(2196)(2197), antioxidant(2192)(2193) and anti inflammatory(2192)(2194) agents and to treatment of abdomen pain(2198)(2199). chronic myeloid leukemia(2191), occidiosis(2200) and helminthosis(2200), ...... by enhancing the function of large intestine(2190).
4. Elaidic aicd
11. Tetrameric gallic acid(2190)
18. Estrogenic flavonols
According to the data base of PubMed, pomegranate (Punica granatum) also exhibited anti metabolic syndrome(2201)(2202) and reduced risk of complications of diabetes(2203)(2204) and cardiovascular disease through the effects on weigh gain(2203), obesity(2207)(2208), fasting blood sugar(2204)(2205)(2206), lipid profiles(2204), lipoprotein oxidation(2204), hypertension(2210)(2211), insulin resistance(2205)(2206)(2207), pancreatic islets(2205), hyperglycemia(2205), hyperlipidedmia(2209)(2211),........via antioxidant(2192)(2193) and anti inflammatory(2192)(2194) pathways.
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including Obesity
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
(1) Adiposity and metabolic dysfunction in polycystic ovary syndrome by Sam S.(PubMed)
(2) A "kiss" before conception: triggering ovulation with kisspeptin-54 may improve IVF by Young SL.(PubMed)
(3.) Androgen hyperfunction and excessive heterosexual hair growth in women, with special attention to the polycystic ovarian syndrome by Lunde O1.(PubMed)
(4) Expression of anti-Müllerian hormone in letrozole rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome by Du DF1, Li XL, Fang F, Du MR.(PubMed)
(5) [Serum levels of anti-muller hormone in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and healthy women of reproductive age].[Article in Bulgarian] by Parahuleva N, Pehlivanov B, Orbecova M, Deneva T, Uchikova E.(PubMed)
(6) [Current opinions on the etiology and pathophysiology of hirsutism].[Article in Polish] by Krysiak R1, Kedzia A, Okopień B.(PubMed)
(7) The clinical evaluation of hirsutism by Somani N1, Harrison S, Bergfeld WF.(PubMed)
(8) Polycystic ovary syndrome and insulin: our understanding in the past, present and future by Mayer SB1, Evans WS, Nestler JE.(PubMed)
(9) Association of mean platelet volume with androgens and insulin resistance in nonobese patients with polycystic ovary syndrome by Dogan BA1, Arduc A2, Tuna MM1, Karakılıc E1, Dagdelen I1, Tutuncu Y1, Berker D1, Guler S1.(PubMed)
(10) Approach to the patient: contraception in women with polycystic ovary syndrome by Yildiz BO1.(PubMed)
(11) Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): a significant contributor to the overall burden of type 2 diabetes in women by Talbott EO1, Zborowski JV, Rager JR, Kip KE, Xu X, Orchard TJ.(PubMed)
(12) Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in Slovak women with polycystic ovary syndrome and its relation to metabolic and reproductive abnormalities by Figurová J1, Dravecká I, Javorský M, Petríková J, Lazúrová I.(PubMed)
(13) Role of Insulin Sensitizers on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: A Meta-Analysis by Thethi TK1, Katalenich B2, Nagireddy P3, Chabbra P4, Kuhadiya N5, Fonseca V1.(PubMed)
(14) Acne in hirsute women by Lumezi BG1, Pupovci HL1, Berisha VL1, Goçi AU2, Gerqari A3.(PubMed)
(15) Obesity and polycystic ovary syndrome by Naderpoor N1, Shorakae S, Joham A, Boyle J, De Courten B, Teede HJ.(PubMed)
(16) Polycystic ovary syndrome: a complex condition with psychological, reproductive and metabolic manifestations that impacts on health across the lifespan by Teede H1, Deeks A, Moran L.(PubMed)
(17) Metabolic Evidence of Diminished Lipid Oxidation in Women WithPolycystic Ovary Syndrome. by Whigham LD1, Butz DE2, Dashti H3, Tonelli M3, Johnson LK1, Cook ME2, Porter WP4, Eghbalnia HR5, Markley JL6, Lindheim SR7, Schoeller DA8, Abbott DH9, Assadi-Porter FM10.(PubMed)
(18) Risk of endometrial, ovarian and breast cancer in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis by Barry JA1, Azizia MM1, Hardiman PJ2.(PubMed)
(19) Risk of cancer among women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a Danish cohort study by Gottschau M1, Kjaer SK2, Jensen A1, Munk C1, Mellemkjaer L3.(PubMed)
(20) Polycystic ovary syndrome: metabolic consequences and long-term management by Carmina E1.(PubMed)
(21) Arterial stiffness is increased in asymptomatic nondiabetic postmenopausal women with a polycystic ovary syndrome phenotype by Armeni E1, Stamatelopoulos K, Rizos D, Georgiopoulos G, Kazani M, Kazani A, Kolyviras A, Stellos K, Panoulis K, Alexandrou A, Creatsa M, Papamichael C, Lambrinoudaki I.(PubMed)
(1246) [Clinical study of area of Jiangsu province of polycystic ovarian syndrome correlation distribution of traditional Chinese medicine syndrome type and improper diet]. [Article in Chinese] by Feng Y, Gao YP.(PubMed)
(1247) [Preliminary study on relationship of disease-syndrome-symptom of ovulatory disorder infertility based on factor analysis]. [Article in Chinese] by Li M, Ma K, Shan, J.(PubMed)
(1247a) A Comprehensive Treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) bny by Liqin Zhao
(2072) Spleen, Earth
(2073) [Research on building method of spleen kidney Yang deficiency diarrhea rats model]. [Article in Chinese] by Pan X, Hu CJ, Geng YY, Zhao L, Wu WH, Wu XQ, Zhong ZD.(PubMed)
(2074) Treatment of an elderly patient with acute abdominal pain with traditional Korean medicine by Son CG1.(PubMed)
(2075) Shenzhu Tiaopi granule combined with lifestyle intervention therapy for impaired glucose tolerance: a randomized controlled trial by Fang Z1, Zhao J2, Shi G3, Shu Y3, Ni Y3, Wang H3, Ding L3, Lu R3, Li J3, Zhu X3, Cheng S4, Zhang X3, Liu Y5, Wang J6, Luo Y3, Fan Q3, Guo C3, Jiang T3, Wu Q3, Fan L3, Ling H3, Cui L3, Luo Y3, Yang H3, Anderson RM7.(PubMed)
(2075) Direct moxibustion to treat spleen qi and yang deficiency fatigue: a pilot study by Thorne TL1, Hanes DA2, Wild H3, Colbert A4.(PubMed)
(2076) [Clinical observation on fuzhong (supporting the middle-jiao) manipulation of tuina for infantile anorexia]. [Article in Chinese] by Wang YY, Liu XY.(PubMed)
(2077) [Effect of umbilicus moxibustion therapy on physical conditions of yang-deficiency volunteers]. [Article in Chinese] by Zhang YY1.(PubMed)
(2078) Analysis of the restorative effect of Bu-zhong-yi-qi-tang in the spleen-qi deficiency rat model using (1)H-NMR-based metabonomics by Zheng XF1, Tian JS2, Liu P3, Xing J1, Qin XM1.(PubMed)
(2079) [1H NMR based metabolomics study of bu-zhong-yi-qi-tang in the spleen-qi deficiency rat model]. [Article in Chinese] by Chen L, Xiang H, Xing J, Tian JS, Qin XM, Du GH.(PubMed)
(2080) Bufei Jianpi granules improve skeletal muscle and mitochondrial dysfunction in rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by Dong Y1,2, Li Y3,4,5, Sun Y6, Mao J7, Yao F8, Tian Y9, Wang L10, Li L11, Li S12,13,14, Li J15,16,17(PubMed)
(2081) [Clinical observation on obesity and hyperlipidemia of liver qi stagnation and spleen deficiency pattern in female patients treated with combined therapy of acupuncture and tapping method]. [Article in Chinese] by Wu B, Liu ZC, Xu B.(PubMed)
((2190) Fan shi liu(Complementary and Alternative Healing University)
(2191) Growth inhibitory effects of crude pomegranate peel extract on chronic myeloid leukemia, K562 cells by Asmaa MJ1, Ali AJ1, Farid JM1, Azman S2.(PubMed)
(2192) The anti-biofilm potential of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) extract against human bacterial and fungal pathogens by Bakkiyaraj D1, Nandhini JR, Malathy B, Pandian SK.(PubMed)
(2193) The antioxidant potency of Punica granatum L. Fruit peel reduces cell proliferation and induces apoptosis on breast cancer by Dikmen M1, Ozturk N, Ozturk Y.(PubMed)
(2194) Punica granatum (pomegranate) and its potential for prevention and treatment of inflammation and cancer by Lansky EP1, Newman RA.(PubMed)
(2195) Antimicrobial and free radical scavenging activities of five Palestinian medicinal plants by Qabaha KI1.(PubMed)
(2196) Pomegranate from Oman Alleviates the Brain Oxidative Damage in Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's disease by Subash S1, Essa MM2, Al-Asmi A3, Al-Adawi S3, Vaishnav R4, Braidy N5, Manivasagam T6, Guillemin GJ7.(PubMed)
(2197) Pomegranate extract modulates processing of amyloid-β precursor protein in an aged Alzheimer's disease animal model by Ahmed AH, Subaiea GM, Eid A, Li L, Seeram NP, Zawia NH1.(PubMed)
(2198) Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of a pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) extract rich in ellagitannins by González-Trujano ME1, Pellicer F, Mena P, Moreno DA, García-Viguera C.(PubMed)
(2199) Topical anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities of standardized pomegranate rind extract in comparison with its marker compound ellagic acid in vivo by Mo J1, Panichayupakaranant P, Kaewnopparat N, Nitiruangjaras A, Reanmongkol W.(PubMed)
(2200) Anti-coccidial, anthelmintic and antioxidant activities of pomegranate (Punica granatum) peel extract by Dkhil MA1.(PubMed)
(2201) Pomegranate: a fruit that ameliorates metabolic syndrome by Medjakovic S1, Jungbauer A.(PubMed)
(2202) Acute and long term effects of grape and pomegranate juice consumption on endothelial dysfunction in pediatric metabolic syndrome by Kelishadi R1, Gidding SS, Hashemi M, Hashemipour M, Zakerameli A, Poursafa P.(PubMed)
(2203) Pomegranate seed oil consumption during a period of high-fat feeding reduces weight gain and reduces type 2 diabetes risk in CD-1 mice by McFarlin BK1, Strohacker KA, Kueht ML.(PubMed)
(2204) Effect of pomegranate juice on paraoxonase enzyme activity in patients with type 2 diabetes by Parsaeyan N1, Mozaffari-Khosravi H, Mozayan MR.(PubMed)
(2205) Extracts of black bean peel and pomegranate peel ameliorate oxidative stress-induced hyperglycemia in mice by Wang JY1, Zhu C1, Qian TW1, Guo H1, Wang DD1, Zhang F1, Yin X1.(PubMed)
(2206) Fresh pomegranate juice ameliorates insulin resistance, enhances β-cell function, and decreases fasting serum glucose in type 2 diabetic patients by Banihani SA1, Makahleh SM2, El-Akawi Z3, Al-Fashtaki RA2, Khabour OF4, Gharibeh MY2, Saadah NA5, Al-Hashimi FH2, Al-Khasieb NJ3.(PubMed)
(2207) Preventive and prophylactic mechanisms of action of pomegranate bioactive constituents by Viladomiu M1, Hontecillas R, Lu P, Bassaganya-Riera J.(PubMed)
(2208) Obesity: the preventive role of the pomegranate (Punica granatum) by Al-Muammar MN1, Khan F.(PubMed)
(2209) Pomegranate extract (POMx) decreases the atherogenicity of serum and of human monocyte-derived macrophages (HMDM) in simvastatin-treated hypercholesterolemic patients: a double-blinded, placebo-controlled, randomized, prospective pilot study by Hamoud S1, Hayek T2, Volkova N3, Attias J4, Moscoviz D1, Rosenblat M3, Aviram M5.(PubMed)
(2210) Acute effects of pomegranate extract on postprandial lipaemia, vascular function and blood pressure by Mathew AS1, Capel-Williams GM, Berry SE, Hall WL.(PubMed)
(2211) Clinical evaluation of blood pressure lowering, endothelial function improving, hypolipidemic and anti-inflammatory effects of pomegranate juice in hypertensive subjects by Asgary S1, Sahebkar A, Afshani MR, Keshvari M, Haghjooyjavanmard S, Rafieian-Kopaei M.(PubMed)