Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Upper gastrointestinal (GI) diseases
The prevalence of upper gastrointestinal (GI) diseases is increasing in subjects aged 65 years and over. Pathophysiological changes in esophageal functions that occur with aging may, at least in part, be responsible for the high prevalence of
1. Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) in old age.
2. The incidence of gastric and duodenal ulcers and their bleeding complications is increasing in old-aged populations worldwide.
3. H. pylori infection in elderly patients with H. pylori-associated peptic ulcer disease and severe chronic gastritis.
4. Almost 40% of GU and 25% of DU in the elderly patients are associated with the use of NSAID(1) and/or aspirin(2).(a)
Gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), also known as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), gastric reflux disease, or acid reflux disease, is defined as a chronic condition of liquid stomach acid refluxing back up from the stomach into the esophagus, causing heartburn. According to the study of “Updated guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.” by DeVault KR, Castell DO; American College of Gastroenterology, GERD is defined as symptoms or mucosal damage produced by the abnormal reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus.
In Traditional Chinese medicine
1. Ban Xia Xie Xin Wan, also known as "Pinellia Drain Epigastrium Pills" was recorded in classic texts around 210 C.E. Though often referred to as heartburn in classical Chinese medical literature, has been used in TCM to treat various gastrointestinal disorders such as gastritis, enteritis, gastric ulcer, gastralgia. In a study of "The effects of hange-shashin-to on gastric function in comparison with sho-saiko-to." by Y Kase, M Yuzurihara, S Iizuka, A Ishige, Y Komatsu,researchers suggested that suggest that TJ-14 exhibits an anti-ulcer action (probably based on its ability to protect the gastric mucosa), improvement of gastric emptying and an anti-emetic action. TJ-9 also showed anti-ulcer effects, probably based on its ability to suppress gastric secretion and to protect the gastric mucosa. Thus, the present study demonstrated the effectiveness of TJ-14 and TJ-9 against gastric disease, and provided basic data which explain the differences in clinical application between these two kampo medicines.
b.1. Ban Xia (Pinellia Tuber)
Main use: Dries Dampness, Transforms Phlegm, Stops vomiting, Resolves masses, Disperses nodules....
b.2. Huang Qin (Skullcap Root)
Main use: Clears Heat, Dries Dampness, Expels toxins, Stops bleeding...
b.3. Dang Shen (Codonopsis Root)
Main use: Tonifies the Middle Burner, Strengthens Qi, Promotes generation of Body Fluids, Nourishes Blood....
b.4. Gan Cao ( Licorice Root)
Main use: Tonifies the Spleen, Benefits the Qi, Moistens the Lungs, Calms cough...
b.5. Huang Lian (Coptis Rhizome)
Main use: Clears Heat, Dries Dampness, Expels toxins...
b.6. Bai Shao
Main use: Nourishes Blood, Preserves the Yin, Nourishes the Liver, Calms pain....
b.7. Chen Pi
Main use: Regulates the Qi, Regulates the Middle, Dries Dampness, Transforms Phlegm...
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including Obesity
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How ToPermanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer