Kyle J. Norton (Scholar)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are medical condition mostly caused by work related occupations and working environment, affecting patients’ muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves and developing over time. A community sample of 73 females and 32 males aged 85 and over underwent a standardised examination at home. Musculoskeletal pain was reported by 57% of those interviewed. A major restriction of joint movement range was frequent in the shoulder but uncommon in other joints(1).
Types of Musculo-Skeletal disorders in elder(2)
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis
4. Polymalgia Arthritis
5. Cervical myleopathy and spinal canal stenosis
7. Low back pain
Rheumatoid Arthritis is defined a chronic disorder as a result of inflammation, affecting mostly the flexible (synovial) joints and tissues and organs in the body. The disease affects more women than men and generally occurs after the ages of 40, causing diminished quality of life of many elders(1). According to CDC, Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) affects over 52 millions of adults in the US alone, including 294,000 children under age 18 with some form of arthritis or rheumatic conditions(2). Rheumatoid Arthritis can induced bone loss through elevating bone resorption without increasing bone formation(4). A cross-sectional population-based study of 1042 patients with rheumatoid arthritis showed that RA patients had an increased risk of death from various causes(4a).
B. Treatment in herbal and traditional Chinese medicine
B.9. The herbal formulas in herbal and traditional Chinese medicine
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a common worldwide public health problem especially in China, many RA formula has been used in the clinic and some of these TCM formulas have been existed over thousands of years in ancient China(388) with potential mechanisms such as inhibited osteoclast proliferation, suppressed fibroblast, decreased the expression of inflammatory cytokines, blocking signal pathways, etc.).
6. Other formula used for treatment of RA may include
6.1. SKI306X, is a herbal formula containing Clematis mandshurica (CM), Prunella vulgaris (PV), and Trichosanthes kirilowii (TK)used to relieve pain associated with an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, as well as delay the destruction of cartilage in rheumatoid arthritis(403).
6.2. Wen Luo Yin (WLY) used in traditional Chinese formula for treatment of scattering cold pathogen, draining dampness, freeing the flow of network vessels and relieving pains may be a next pharmaceutical therapeutic agent for treaament of RA as it inhibited inflammation, pannus formation, cartilage and bone destruction of inflamed joints in CIA rat model(402).
6.3. Wei-Ling-Xian, another anti-arthritic herbal formula may also be effective for treatment of RA due to its phytochemical clematichinenoside (AR-6)in inhibition of pro inflammatory cytokines(403).
6.4. Liang Miao San, the herbal formual composed of the herbs Rhizoma Atractylodis (Cangzhu) and Cotex Phellodendri (Huangbai), is another traditional Chinese medicine formula for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatment through expression of differential anti-inflammatory activities of its phytochemical sinomenine by modulating distinct intracellular signaling pathways in RA(404).
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) 8 Areas of Age-Related Change(NIH)
(2) Arthritis-Related Statistics(CDC)
(3) Valgus deformities of the feet and characteristics of gait in patients who have rheumatoid arthritis by Keenan MA1, Peabody TD, Gronley JK, Perry J.(PubMed)
(4) Serum Sclerostin Level Among Egyptian Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: Relation to Disease Activity ,Bone Mineral Density and Radiological Grading by Mehaney DA, Eissa M, Anwar S, El-Din SF(PubMed)
(4a) Death rates and causes of death in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a population-based study by Sihvonen S1, Korpela M, Laippala P, Mustonen J, Pasternack A(PubMed)
(402) Wen Luo Yin inhibits angiogenesis in collagen-induced arthritis rat model and in vitro by Liu C1, Kong X, Li X, Guo W, Zhang C, Sun Y, Su X, Liu X, Lu A, Lin N(PubMed)
(403) Anti-arthritic effects of clematichinenoside (AR-6) on PI3K/Akt signaling pathway and TNF-α associated with collagen-induced arthritis by Han W1, Xiong Y, Li Y, Fang W, Ma Y, Liu L, Li F, Zhu X.(PubMed)
(404) Anti-inflammatory activities of Chinese herbal medicine sinomenine and Liang Miao San on tumor necrosis factor-α-activated human fibroblast-like synoviocytes in rheumatoid arthritis by Chen DP1, Wong CK, Leung PC, Fung KP, Lau CB, Lau CP, Li EK, Tam LS, Lam CW.(PubMed)
- Regular Walking of 50+ to the World of Diseases Free and Longevity(Research and Studies)
- Men Health
- Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Super Foods
- Healthy Foods Therapy
- Phytochemicals Therapy
- The Series of Overcome Infertility Articles
- Children Health
- Researched and Studied Articles
- 50 Plus Health; Most Common Diseases
- The Smoothie Recipes for Prevention and Treatment of Diseases and Cancers of Age of 50 Plus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Clinical trials and Studies for 50 plus Health
- Obesity's complications, Research and Studies, Articles and Weight Loss Recipes
- Dietary Minerals and Hormones
- Green Tea