Kyle J. Norton(Scholar and Master of Nutrients, all right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Cruciferous vegetables are the group of vegetables belonging to the family Brassicaceae, including cauliflower, cabbage, cress, bok choy, broccoli etc.
Broccoli is a mustard/cabbage plant, belong to the family Brassicaceae. It has large flower heads, usually green in color and the mass of flower heads is surrounded by leaves and evolved from a wild cabbage plant on the continent of Europe.
Prostate cancer is defined as a condition in which the cells of prostate has become cancerous, causing abnormal cell growth which spread to the distant parts of the body. Most prostate cancers are slow growing and enlarged prostate and prostate cancer may be detected during the Physical (rectum) exams.
Nutrients and chemical constituents
3. Dietary fiber
4. Omega 3 fatty acid
7. Lutein and
9. Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
10. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
11. Niacin (Vitamin B3)
12. Pantothenic acid (B5)
13. Vitamin B6
14. Folate (Vit. B9)
15. Vitamin C
Its chemical constutuents include glucosinolates, dithiolthiones, indoles , glucoraphanin, s-methyl cysteine sulfoxide, isothiocyanates, indole-3-carbinol, etc..
Epidemiologically, chemical constituents of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli has shown to decrease incidence of prostate cancer. The depletion of gene of GSTM1 genotype of Glutathione S-transferase (GST) enzymes may be associated with an increased risk of cancer as these depletion reduced the function of GST in detoxifying certain potentially carcinogenic compounds. Study of broccoli involved the changes in global gene expression patterns in the humanprostate gland before, during and after a 12 month broccoli-rich diet, showed broccoli enhances the detoxified function of GSTM1 genotype resulting in complex changes to signalling pathways associated with inflammation and carcinogenesis in the prostate, through the interaction from the breakdown of glucosinolates—sulfur-containing compounds found in cruciferous vegetables with a signal sequence in the plasma. In other study, the effects of potent sulforaphane of isothiocyanates (ITCs) in broccoli, consistently found to be associated with reduced risk of prostate cancer, especially among men with GSTM1-present alleles, and may be used as chemopreventive agents against prostate cancer, with two or more servings per month.
Other study insisted that Selenium-enriched broccoli sprouts were superior to normal broccoli sprouts in inhibiting cell proliferation, decreasing prostate-specific antigen secretion, and inducing apoptosis of prostate cancer cells.
The Side effects
1. People who has over production of IgM immunoglobulins which makes blood thicken should talk to their doctor before taking high amount of broccoli.
2. Allergic reaction??
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including Erectile Dysfunction
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
(1) Broccoli consumption interacts with GSTM1 to perturb oncogenic signalling pathways in the prostate by Traka M, Gasper AV, Melchini A, Bacon JR, Needs PW, Frost V, Chantry A, Jones AM, Ortori CA, Barrett DA, Ball RY, Mills RD, Mithen RF.(PubMed)
(2) GSTT1 and GSTM1 null genotypes and the risk of gastric cancer: a case-control study in a Chinese population by Setiawan VW, Zhang ZF, Yu GP, Li YL, Lu ML, Tsai CJ, Cordova D, Wang MR, Guo CH, Yu SZ, Kurtz RC.(PubMed)
(3) Cruciferous vegetables, genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases M1 and T1, and prostate cancer risk by Joseph MA, Moysich KB, Freudenheim JL, Shields PG, Bowman ED, Zhang Y, Marshall JR, Ambrosone CB.(PubMed)
(4) Selenium enrichment of broccoli sprout extract increases chemosensitivity and apoptosis of LNCaP prostate cancer cells by Abdulah R, Faried A, Kobayashi K, Yamazaki C, Suradji EW, Ito K, Suzuki K, Murakami M, Kuwano H, Koyama H.(PubMed)
- Regular Walking of 50+ to the World of Diseases Free and Longevity(Research and Studies)
- Men Health
- Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Super Foods
- Healthy Foods Therapy
- Phytochemicals Therapy
- The Series of Overcome Infertility Articles
- Children Health
- Researched and Studied Articles
- 50 Plus Health; Most Common Diseases
- The Smoothie Recipes for Prevention and Treatment of Diseases and Cancers of Age of 50 Plus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Therapy
- Clinical trials and Studies for 50 plus Health
- Obesity's complications, Research and Studies, Articles and Weight Loss Recipes
- Dietary Minerals and Hormones