Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Unfortunately, according to studies, women with PCOs after the reproductive age, are associated to continuously increase risk of type II diabetes, with no increasingaltered glucose tolerance(20), CVD and hypertension(21).
The prevention and management In Herbal Medicine
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is unpreventable in Western medicine. Early diagnosis and treatment may reduce risk of its complications, including infertility, metabolic syndrome, obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, stroke, etc.
Reduce fat intake less than 30% of total calories with a low proportion of saturated fat and high in fiber from predominantly low-glycaemic-index-carbohydrate foods for patients with PCOs(827a). Calorie intake should be distributed between several meals per day with restricted intake of snacks and drinks(828).
The stress management herbs
Stress in a natural reaction of human fight or fight response induced by pressure due to such as an environmental condition or a stimulus. Long term stress can cause deleterious and cumulative effects on human body(1104), including emotional or cognitive problems, such as an increased risk of attentional deficit/hyperactivity, anxiety, and language delay(1103), especially for people with chronic illness, including women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOs)(1105).
Schisandra (Wu Wei Zi)
Schisandra also is known as Wu Wei Zi, a twining shrub living its life by climbing on other vegetation, belongings to the family Schisandraceae, native to Asia and North America, The warm, sweet, bitter, sour, acrid, salty herb has been used in tradional Chinese medicine as antioxidant(1218)(1219), anti stress(1220)(1221), anti microbial(1224)(1225)(1226) agent and to improve metabolism(1227)(1228), enhance central nervous system(1229)(1230)(1233), treat hypertension(1231)(1232) and hypotension during exhaustion of circulatory function(1217), coughing(1234)(12135), insomnia(1237), premenstrual syndrome (PMS)(1239), menopausal symptoms(1240), depression(1233), irritability(1233), erectile dysfunction (ED)(1238), lower cholesterol(1241) and regulate blood glucose(1233), improve memory(1222)(1223), etc.
by promoting function of lung and kidney channels(1217).
6. Schizandrate B
7. Gomisin A, B, C, F, G
8. Angeloylgomisin H
9. Tigloylgomisin H
10. Benzoylgomisin H
11. Epigomisin O
12. Malic acid
13. Citric acid
14. Tartaric acid
15. Succinic acid
In chronic psychological stress male rat model, schisandra protect against stress induced complications such as carbohydrate metabolism(1227) and neurosis, psychogenic depression, astheno-depressive states, schizophrenia and alcoholism disorders(1233) and improved mental performance(1233).through its reduction of the levels of corticosterone (CORT) and glucose and protect the structure of the adrenal cortex(1227).
In physiological stress, the herbal medicine also exerted its stress-protective effect against a broad spectrum of harmful factors including heat shock, skin burn, cooling, frostbite, immobilisation, swimming under load in an atmosphere with decreased air pressure, aseptic inflammation, irradiation, and heavy metal intoxication(1233).
In oxidative stress induced damage heart(1242) tissues in animal models, schisandrin B (Sch B), a dibenzocyclooctadiene derivative isolated from the fruit of Schisandra chinensis attenuated cardiotoxicity via antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects(1242). In oxidative stress induced liver damage, oral administration of Schisandra Lignans Extract (SLE)(1243)(1244) or triterpenoid(1245) a chemical constituent from Schisandra chinensis significantly reduced liver damage(1243)(1244)(1245) in experimental animal model, through its effects of balance of oxidation and reduction in cells(1243) or upregulating cell cycle progression(1244) and anti tumor antigen(1244), or ameliorating oxidative stress(1245).
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including Obesity
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
(1) Adiposity and metabolic dysfunction in polycystic ovary syndrome by Sam S.(PubMed)
(2) A "kiss" before conception: triggering ovulation with kisspeptin-54 may improve IVF by Young SL.(PubMed)
(3.) Androgen hyperfunction and excessive heterosexual hair growth in women, with special attention to the polycystic ovarian syndrome by Lunde O1.(PubMed)
(4) Expression of anti-Müllerian hormone in letrozole rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome by Du DF1, Li XL, Fang F, Du MR.(PubMed)
(5) [Serum levels of anti-muller hormone in women with polycystic ovary syndromeand healthy women of reproductive age].[Article in Bulgarian] by Parahuleva N, Pehlivanov B, Orbecova M, Deneva T, Uchikova E.(PubMed)
(6) [Current opinions on the etiology and pathophysiology of hirsutism].[Article in Polish] by Krysiak R1, Kedzia A, Okopień B.(PubMed)
(7) The clinical evaluation of hirsutism by Somani N1, Harrison S, Bergfeld WF.(PubMed)
(8) Polycystic ovary syndrome and insulin: our understanding in the past, present and future by Mayer SB1, Evans WS, Nestler JE.(PubMed)
(9) Association of mean platelet volume with androgens and insulin resistance in nonobese patients with polycystic ovary syndrome by Dogan BA1, Arduc A2, Tuna MM1, Karakılıc E1, Dagdelen I1, Tutuncu Y1, Berker D1, Guler S1.(PubMed)
(10) Approach to the patient: contraception in women with polycystic ovary syndrome by Yildiz BO1.(PubMed)
(11) Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): a significant contributor to the overall burden of type 2 diabetes in women by Talbott EO1, Zborowski JV, Rager JR, Kip KE, Xu X, Orchard TJ.(PubMed)
(12) Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in Slovak women with polycystic ovary syndrome and its relation to metabolic and reproductive abnormalities by Figurová J1, Dravecká I, Javorský M, Petríková J, Lazúrová I.(PubMed)
(13) Role of Insulin Sensitizers on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: A Meta-Analysis by Thethi TK1, Katalenich B2, Nagireddy P3, Chabbra P4, Kuhadiya N5, Fonseca V1.(PubMed)
(14) Acne in hirsute women by Lumezi BG1, Pupovci HL1, Berisha VL1, Goçi AU2, Gerqari A3.(PubMed)
(15) Obesity and polycystic ovary syndrome by Naderpoor N1, Shorakae S, Joham A, Boyle J, De Courten B, Teede HJ.(PubMed)
(16) Polycystic ovary syndrome: a complex condition with psychological, reproductive and metabolic manifestations that impacts on health across the lifespan by Teede H1, Deeks A, Moran L.(PubMed)
(17) Metabolic Evidence of Diminished Lipid Oxidation in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. by Whigham LD1, Butz DE2, Dashti H3, Tonelli M3, Johnson LK1, Cook ME2, Porter WP4, Eghbalnia HR5, Markley JL6, Lindheim SR7, Schoeller DA8, Abbott DH9, Assadi-Porter FM10.(PubMed)
(18) Risk of endometrial, ovarian and breast cancer in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis by Barry JA1, Azizia MM1, Hardiman PJ2.(PubMed)
(19) Risk of cancer among women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a Danish cohort study by Gottschau M1, Kjaer SK2, Jensen A1, Munk C1, Mellemkjaer L3.(PubMed)
(20) Polycystic ovary syndrome: metabolic consequences and long-term management by Carmina E1.(PubMed)
(21) Arterial stiffness is increased in asymptomatic nondiabetic postmenopausal women with a polycystic ovary syndrome phenotype by Armeni E1, Stamatelopoulos K, Rizos D, Georgiopoulos G, Kazani M, Kazani A, Kolyviras A, Stellos K, Panoulis K, Alexandrou A, Creatsa M, Papamichael C, Lambrinoudaki I.(PubMed)
(827a) Diet and nutrition in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): pointers for nutritional management by Farshchi H, Rane A, Love A, Kennedy RL(PubMed)
(828) The optimal diet for women with polycystic ovary syndrome? by Marsh K, Brand-Miller J.(PubMed) (1106) Simultaneous Estimation of Withaferin A and Z-Guggulsterone in Marketed Formulation by RP-HPLC by Agrawal P1, Vegda R2, Laddha K2.(PubMed)
(1217) Wu Wei Zi(Complementary and Alternative Healing University)
(1218) Antioxidant and hepatoprotective effects of Schisandra chinensis pollen extract on CCl4-induced acute liver damage in mice by Cheng N1, Ren N, Gao H, Lei X, Zheng J, Cao W.(PubMed)
(1219) Schizandrin, an antioxidant lignan from Schisandra chinensis, ameliorates Aβ1-42-induced memory impairment in mice by Hu D1, Cao Y, He R, Han N, Liu Z, Miao L, Yin J.(PubMed)
(1220) Schisantherin A recovers Aβ-induced neurodegeneration with cognitive decline in mice by Li X1, Zhao X1, Xu X1, Mao X1, Liu Z1, Li H1, Guo L1, Bi K2, Jia Y3.(PubMed)
(1221) Schisandrin B prevents doxorubicin induced cardiac dysfunction by modulation of DNA damage, oxidative stress and inflammation through inhibition of MAPK/p53 signaling by Thandavarayan RA1, Giridharan VV2, Arumugam S3, Suzuki K4, Ko KM5, Krishnamurthy P6, Watanabe K3, Konishi T7.(PubMed)
(1222) Schizandrin, an antioxidant lignan from Schisandra chinensis, ameliorates Aβ1-42-induced memory impairment in mice by Hu D1, Cao Y, He R, Han N, Liu Z, Miao L, Yin J.(PubMed)
(1223) Deoxyschizandrin isolated from the fruits of Schisandra chinensis ameliorates Aβ₁₋₄₂-induced memory impairment in mice by Hu D1, Li C, Han N, Miao L, Wang D, Liu Z, Wang H, Yin J.(PubMed)
(1224) A comparison of the anti-Staphylococcus aureus activity of extracts from commonly used medicinal plants by Snowden R1, Harrington H, Morrill K, Jeane L, Garrity J, Orian M, Lopez E, Rezaie S, Hassberger K, Familoni D, Moore J, Virdee K, Albornoz-Sanchez L, Walker M, Cavins J, Russell T, Guse E, Reker M, Tschudy O, Wolf J, True T, Ukaegbu O, Ahaghotu E, Jones A, Polanco S, Rochon Y, Waters R, Langland J.(PubMed)
(1225) Anti-HIV-1 activity of lignans from the fruits of Schisandra rubriflora by Xiao WL1, Wang RR, Zhao W, Tian RR, Shang SZ, Yang LM, Yang JH, Pu JX, Zheng YT, Sun HD.(PubMed)
(1226) Compositions and biological activities of essential oils of Kadsura longepedunculata and Schisandra sphenanthera by Song L1, Ding JY, Tang C, Yin CH.(PubMed)
(1227) [Effects of schisandra on the function of the pituitary-adrenal cortex, gonadal axis and carbohydrate metabolism in rats undergoing experimental chronic psychological stress, navigation and strenuous exercise].[Article in Chinese] by Sun LJ1, Wang GH, Wu B, Wang J, Wang Q, Hu LP, Shao JQ, Wang YT, Li J, Gu P, Lu B.(PubMed)
(1228) In vivo to in vitro effects of six bioactive lignans of Wuzhi tablet (Schisandra sphenanthera extract) on the CYP3A/P-glycoprotein-mediated absorption and metabolism of tacrolimus by Qin XL1, Chen X, Wang Y, Xue XP, Wang Y, Li JL, Wang XD, Zhong GP, Wang CX, Yang H, Huang M, Bi HC.(PubMed)
(1229) The effects of lignan-riched extract of Shisandra chinensis on amyloid-β-induced cognitive impairment and neurotoxicity in the cortex and hippocampus of mouse by Jeong EJ1, Lee HK, Lee KY, Jeon BJ, Kim DH, Park JH, Song JH, Huh J, Lee JH, Sung SH.(PubMed)
(1230) Schisandrin B exerts anti-neuroinflammatory activity by inhibiting the Toll-like receptor 4-dependent MyD88/IKK/NF-κB signaling pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced microglia by Zeng KW1, Zhang T, Fu H, Liu GX, Wang XM.(PubMed)
(1231) Preventive effect of gomisin J from Schisandra chinensis on angiotensin II-induced hypertension via an increased nitric oxide bioavailability by Ye BH1, Lee SJ1, Choi YW2, Park SY1, Kim CD1.(PubMed)
(1232) Antihypertensive effect of gomisin A from Schisandra chinensis on angiotensin II-induced hypertension via preservation of nitric oxide bioavailability by Young Park J1, Wook Yun J, Whan Choi Y, Ung Bae J, Won Seo K, Jin Lee S, Youn Park S, Whan Hong K, Kim CD.(PubMed)
(1233) Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: an overview of Russian research and uses in medicine by Panossian A1, Wikman G.(PubMed)
(1234) Effects of Schisandra chinensis extracts on cough and pulmonary inflammation in a cough hypersensitivity guinea pig model induced by cigarette smoke exposure by Zhong S1, Nie YC1, Gan ZY1, Liu XD1, Fang ZF1, Zhong BN1, Tian J1, Huang CQ1, Lai KF2, Zhong NS1.(PubMed)
(1235) Effects of the Schisandra fructus water extract on cytokine release from a human mast cell line. by Kang OH1, Chae HS, Choi JH, Choi HJ, Park PS, Cho SH, Lee GH, So HY, Choo YK, Kweon OH, Kwon DY.(PubMed)
(1236) [Effects of extracts from ziziphi spinosae semen and schisandrae chinensis fructus on amino acid neurotransmitter in rats with insomnia induced by PCPA].[Article in Chinese] by Gao JR, Ji WB, Jiang H, Chen JF.(PubMed)
(1237) Gomisin N isolated from Schisandra chinensis augments pentobarbital-induced sleep behaviors through the modification of the serotonergic and GABAergic system by Zhang C1, Mao X1, Zhao X1, Liu Z1, Liu B1, Li H1, Bi K2, Jia Y3.(PubMed)
(1238) Panax ginseng, Rhodiola rosea and Schisandra chinensis by Chan SW1.(PubMed)
(1239) Herbal composition for promoting hormonal balance in women and methods of using same US 6242012 B1
(1240) The mechanism of vasorelaxation induced by Schisandra chinensis extract in rat thoracic aorta by Park JY1, Shin HK, Lee YJ, Choi YW, Bae SS, Kim CD.(PubMed)
(1241) Shengmai San reduces hepatic lipids and lipid peroxidation in rats fed on a high-cholesterol diet by Yao HT1, Chang YW, Chen CT, Chiang MT, Chang L, Yeh TK.(PubMed)
(1242) Schisandrin B prevents doxorubicin induced cardiac dysfunction by modulation of DNA damage, oxidative stress and inflammation through inhibition of MAPK/p53 signaling by Thandavarayan RA1, Giridharan VV2, Arumugam S3, Suzuki K4, Ko KM5, Krishnamurthy P6, Watanabe K3, Konishi T7.(PubMed)
(1243) Schisandra Lignans Was Related with Its Antioxidative Actions in Liver Cells by Pu HJ1, Cao YF, He RR, Zhao ZL, Song JH, Jiang B, Huang T, Tang SH, Lu JM, Kurihara H.(PubMed)
(1244) Therapeutic efficacy of Wuzhi tablet (Schisandra sphenanthera Extract) on acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity through a mechanism distinct from N-acetylcysteine by Fan X1, Chen P1, Jiang Y1, Wang Y1, Tan H1, Zeng H1, Wang Y1, Qu A1, Gonzalez FJ1, Huang M1, Bi H2.(PubMed)
(1245) Effects of triterpenoid from Schisandra chinensis on oxidative stress in alcohol-induced liver injury in rats by Li B1, Zhu L, Wu T, Zhang J, Jiao X, Liu X, Wang Y, Meng X.(PubMed)